Descendants of Chad Brown
This is all the information that I have on this family, this is not my family. For my family see the decendents of Peter Brown.
Notes on Rev., Chad Brown
Rev. CHAD BROWN, not related so far as known to the three Brown Broothers of Lynn, Mass., came as we learn from his deposition to New England with his wife Elizabeth _______ , and their son John, in the good ship Martin, and landed in Boston, Mass., in the year 1638. He located himself and family in Salem, Mass., where he did not long reside. Enteringreligious and political sentiment in sympaithy with Roger Williams, he went to reside with him in Providence, R. I. Mr. Brown soon rose to prominence in Providence Plantation, where he merited and enjoyed the confidence of his fellow townsmen to an unlimited extent, recieving some of the highest positions of honorand truust in theit power bestow upon him. Having previiously studied for the ministry, he was called to be the pastorate of the First Baptist Church of Providence, where he was ordained in 1642 as the first settled minister of that church, (a disputed point by some, who claim that Roger Williams was the first minister of that church). Be that as it may, it is very evident that their labors with and for the church were harmonious ans their ministry may have been an idea, dual, coadjuting pastorate.
Children of Chad Brown and Elizabeth are:
2. ii. JAMES BROWN, b. England; d. 1683.
3. iii. JEREMIAH BROWN, b. England; d. 1690.
iv. CHAD BROWN, d. May 10, 1663.
4. v. DANIEL BROWN.
5. vi. JOHN BROWN, b. 1630, England; d. 1706.
Generation No. 2
2. JAMES2 BROWN (CHAD1) was born in England, and died 1683. He married ELIZABETH CARR.
Children of James Brown and Elizabeth Carr are:
ii. CLARK BROWN.
7. iii. JOHN BROWN, b. 1671; d. October 20, 1731.
8. iv. ESECK BROWN, b. March 08, 1678/79; d. December 10, 1772.
3. JEREMIAH2 BROWN (CHAD1) was born in England, and died 1690. He married (1) MARY GARDNER. He married (2) MARY COOK.
Children of Jeremiah Brown are:
ii. JAMES BROWN.
iii. WILLIAM BROWN, b. 1676; d. 1756; m. ELIZABETH ROBINSON.
iv. SAMUEL BROWN, b. 1680; d. 1764; m. (1) MARY CARR; m. (2) MARY.
4. DANIEL2 BROWN (CHAD1). He married ALICE HEARNDON December 25, 1669.
Children of Daniel Brown and Alice Hearndon are:
ii. JEREMIAH BROWN, m. SARAH TINKER, February 08, 1714/15.
iii. HALLELUJAH BROWN, m. JAMES OLNEY, August 31, 1702.
iv. HOSANNAH BROWN, m. MARY HAWKINS.
v. JONATHAN BROWN.
vi. DANIEL BROWN, m. MARY SPREGUE.
vii. JUDAH BROWN, d. January 13, 1733/34; m. HANNAH.
viii. SARAH BROWN, b. October 10, 1677; m. THOMAS ANGELL, April 04, 1700.
5. JOHN2 BROWN (CHAD1) was born 1630 in England, and died 1706. He married MARY HOLMES 1659, daughter of Obadiah Holmes and Catharine.
Children of John Brown and Mary Holmes are:
ii. JOHN BROWN.
iii. JAMES BROWN.
iv. OBADIAH BROWN.
v. MARTHA BROWN.
vi. MARY BROWN.
vii. DEBORAH BROWN.
Generation No. 3
6. JAMES3 BROWN (JAMES2, CHAD1) died 1756. He married (1) ANN CLARKE. He married (2) CATHARINE GREEN April 27, 1740.
Children of James Brown and Ann Clarke are:
10. ii. JOHN BROWN, b. 1702, Newport, RI.
iii. CLARK BROWN, b. 1704.
iv. HOPE BROWN, b. 1706; m. NATHANIEL CODDINGHAM, March 20, 1719/20.
v. THOMAS BROWN, b. 1708; m. ALMAY GREENE, April 03, 1746.
7. JOHN3 BROWN (JAMES2, CHAD1) was born 1671, and died October 20, 1731. He married ELIZABETH CRANSTON, daughter of John Cranston and Mary Clarke.
Children of John Brown and Elizabeth Cranston are:
ii. JAMES BROWN.
iii. WILLIAM BROWN.
iv. ROBERT BROWN.
v. ELIZABETH BROWN, m. JOHN GRIDLEY.
vi. JOHN BROWN, b. December 26, 1696; d. January 02, 1764; m. JANE LUCAS.
vii. PELEG BROWN, b. 1709; d. February 21, 1756; m. SARAH FREEBODY, February 20, 1745/46.
8. ESECK3 BROWN (JAMES2, CHAD1) was born March 08, 1678/79, and died December 10, 1772. He married MERCY CARR.
Children of Eseck Brown and Mercy Carr are:
ii. ELIZABETH BROWN, b. October 10, 1708.
iii. DEBORAH BROWN, b. June 10, 1711.
iv. ESECK BROWN, b. August 13, 1712.
v. ROBY BROWN, b. March 10, 1714/15.
vi. DEBORAH BROWN, b. October 13, 1716.
vii. MARY BROWN, b. January 18, 1717/18.
viii. JAMES BROWN, b. November 12, 1719.
ix. BENJAMIN BROWN, b. July 17, 1721.
x. JEREMIAH BROWN, b. July 17, 1723.
9. DANIEL3 BROWN (JEREMIAH2, CHAD1) died 1726. He married FRANCES WATSON, daughter of John Watson and Dorcus Gardiner.
Children of Daniel Brown and Frances Watson are:
ii. ELIZABETH BROWN, b. March 13, 1703/04.
iii. MARY BROWN, b. August 03, 1706.
11. iv. BENJAMIN BROWN, b. March 16, 1707/08.
v. DANIEL BROWN, b. November 15, 1709.
vi. ELISHA BROWN, b. January 20, 1710/11.
vii. DORCAS BROWN, b. May 22, 1713.
viii. JOHN BROWN, b. February 18, 1713/14.
ix. DESIRE BROWN, b. January 08, 1721/22.
Generation No. 4
10. JOHN4 BROWN (JAMES3, JAMES2, CHAD1) was born 1702 in Newport, RI. He married DOROTHY NOYES.
Notes on John Brown
Born at Newport, R. I. John married Dorothy Noyles, (No 107) of that family . Made Stonington their home for life.
Children of John Brown and Dorothy Noyes are:
ii. ANNA BROWN, m. CALEB ARNALD.
iii. JONATHAN BROWN.
12. iv. JOHN BROWN.
v. NOYES BROWN, d. at sae.
vi. SANFORD BROWN, m. LUCY PEABODY.
13. vii. PELEG BROWN.
viii. DOLLY BROWN, m. SAMUEL COBB, December 10, 1769.
ix. MARY BROWN, m. EBENEZER COBB, January 26, 1776.
x. HOPE BROWN.
xi. ABIGAIL BROWN, m. ELKANAH COBB, April 18, 1773.
xii. BRIDGET BROWN, m. JONATHAN CRAREY, June 16, 1781.
11. BENJAMIN4 BROWN (DANIEL3, JEREMIAH2, CHAD1) was born March 16, 1707/08. He married ABIGAIL MACCONN, daughter of John Macconn and Anna.
Children of Benjamin Brown and Abigail Macconn are:
ii. DESIRE BROWN, b. June 18, 1733.
iii. FRANCES BROWN, b. March 12, 1734/35.
iv. JAMES BROWN, b. March 13, 1736/37.
v. JOHN BROWN, b. April 13, 1739.
vi. JEREMIAH BROWN, b. April 04, 1741.
vii. DESIRE BROWN, b. March 18, 1742/43.
14. viii. JESSE BROWN, b. April 01, 1745.
ix. ELIJAH BROWN, b. June 10, 1747.
x. ABIJAH BROWN, b. November 03, 1749.
Generation No. 5
12. JOHN5 BROWN (JOHN4, JAMES3, JAMES2, CHAD1). He married MARY HOLMES.
Children of John Brown and Mary Holmes are:
ii. CLARK BROWN, b. January 25, 1771.
iii. MARY BROWN, b. May 09, 1773.
15. iv. NOYES BROWN, b. March 13, 1775.
v. SANFORD BROWN, b. May 02, 1777.
13. PELEG5 BROWN (JOHN4, JAMES3, JAMES2, CHAD1). He married (1) MERCY DENISON April 14, 1776. He married (2) NANCY INGRASON October 24, 1782.
Children of Peleg Brown and Mercy Denison are:
ii. PELEG BROWN, b. March 16, 1779.
iii. BETSY OR ELIZABETH BROWN, b. January 29, 1781; m. STILES PHELPS.
Children of Peleg Brown and Nancy Ingrason are:
v. PELEG BROWN, b. August 14, 1784.
vi. NANCY BROWN, b. July 16, 1785.
vii. PELEG BROWN, b. April 05, 1787.
viii. POLLY BROWN, b. April 30, 1789.
14. JESSE5 BROWN (BENJAMIN4, DANIEL3, JEREMIAH2, CHAD1) was born April 01, 1745. He married MARY PALMER January 1774.
Children of Jesse Brown and Mary Palmer are:
16. ii. JESSE BROWN, b. September 02, 1774.
iii. MARY BROWN, b. March 23, 1776; m. RICHARD JEROME.
iv. LUCY BROWN, b. December 12, 1784.
v. BENJAMIN BROWN, b. November 17, 1789.
Generation No. 6
15. NOYES6 BROWN (JOHN5, JOHN4, JAMES3, JAMES2, CHAD1) was born March 13, 1775. He married POLLY PALMER.
Children of Noyes Brown and Polly Palmer are:
ii. JOHN BROWN, b. May 02, 1799.
iii. EDGER BROWN, b. February 24, 1801; m. JUNE BERGH.
iv. NATHANIEL BROWN, b. January 04, 1803.
v. HENRY BROWN, b. June 05, 1809.
vi. WILLIAM BROWN, b. May 05, 1811.
vii. MARY BROWN, b. November 14, 1813.
viii. DANIEL BROWN, b. September 12, 1815.
16. JESSE6 BROWN (JESSE5, BENJAMIN4, DANIEL3, JEREMIAH2, CHAD1) was born September 02, 1774. He married SALLY ADAMS, daughter of Nathan Adams and Elizabeth Comstock.
Children of Jesse Brown and Sally Adams are:
ii. WILLIAM BROWN, b. September 16, 1798.
iii. FREDERICK BROWN, b. March 01, 1801.
iv. MARY BROWN, b. October 23, 1803.
v. JESSIE BROWN, b. April 04, 1805; d. August 12, 1825.
vi. ORLANDO BROWN, b. August 04, 1807; d. August 13, 1825.
Note Jessie and Orlando were drowned in the Middle Race, 13 Aug., 1825 and bodies never found.
vii. ROBERT BROWN, b. October 08, 1809.
viii. PARDON TAYLOR BROWN, b. November 17, 1811; m. (1) PRUDENCE SPICER; m. (2) EUNICE I. AVERY, January 30, 1854.
ix. WELLINGTON BROWN, b. January 02, 1816.
Counter installed 10-11-00